Road to Success

Road to Success
(Direct Link)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rejection




In life we are faced with challenges, choices, and fears but the way we take on these different situations will ultimately be the way we define ourselves. I can't speak for others but everyday I wonder if I'm making the right choices, am I doing whats best for me and my family? Am I successful? All these are things that are normal to wonder but everyday is a new beginning and a new day to take the right steps towards striving for our goals. This is my last year in school and I just wrapped up my first half of it and I managed to be pretty successful, ended up with a 3.6 GPA for the semester and overall made myself and my parents proud. Along with that I have met some pretty amazing people while being back at HPU and I am forever thankful to have been blessed with those new faces in my life. I feel as if God knew i needed a new home after angelo and he brought me back to here to further my education and exceed my capabilities. He also allowed me to cross paths with this one face that always shines brighter than the rest. Someone so much like me its unreal, everything you look for in the opposite sex and can always find a way to just lift up your day with a single smile. Just as things progressed I have finally began to notice that this could turn out into a great friendship and maybe a little more after that. You can't have a healthy relationship without a good friendship foundation, it'll never work. As things progressed I had talks with friends both guys and girls and got their input and advice and they brought to my attention that I was falling in the same boat as i have done multiple times before and missed out on countless opportunities with special people and I didnt want to wonder what if this time. I took a leap and found out it just wasn't my time. Sad, hurt, crushed, confused, angry were all feelings flooding my head but I know things happen for a reason and after a talk that lasted all night until the next morning I found out that this was just a minor speed bump but actually brought things closer with this person. Things happen in mysterious ways and to know that this person refused to let me out of her life shows me how much I really do mean and how much of an effort I have and will put in into making sure we can be as happy as we can.

Rejection is something that many people hate including myself and I am just not the type of person to usually put everything out there in fear of this to happen. I know that if you want to reach your dreams, you have to risk it all. You can't be trapped in fear your whole life and sometimes you have to do the unthinkable to manage to reach what you really want. How will you react when you do get rejected? Will you give up? Will you try to get better? Will you fix the situation? Getting up is always the hardest part but this will define and build your character and allow you to become stronger than you ever were before because you know exactly what it takes to prepare yourself for next time. This as been a learning experience and after being knocked down I know that I can get back up and know that I am not scared anymore to fall because with the friends and support all around me I know that there is help to get me back up if I can't do it on my own. Life isn't always easy and always works in the ways that we would like but we have to adjust and adapt to any and all situations that we come across.

So as I get back up and strive to better myself and work on things to make it right I tell you to not be afraid, don't hold back, I know many people are in situations similar to mine or would like to know a person as great as the person I have met and I hope that you will also try and risk everything to achieve success. Hopefully you won't have to feel that rejection but if you do know that there is always someone there to help you get back up.







And if you're not a part of it, at least you got to WITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment