Road to Success

Road to Success
(Direct Link)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wedding/Weekend Recap

Well the day Julio had been waiting for finally happened. We had a great time getting ready for his wedding and we had a long journey up until that point. Something about being around all your closest friends and family is so refreshing and puts you at ease. Seems like nothing else mattered at that moment and the looks on everyones faces as we all shared that special evening. Had a great time at rehersals and a great meal afterwards thanks to Section Hand Steak House. We also had a great time in Abilene on Friday night as we added a few more memories to a wild ride that we've already attained. Saturday came along and man everyone was going crazy with picture after picture after picture and rushing to get ready and make sure everything looked right and went well but it was all worth it in the end. After the ceremony it was on to the reception and my turn to give my wedding toast. I practiced and practiced and still go so nervous and I'm sure it didn't sound as well as I had planned but it still moved the audience. For those who didnt get to hear it here is what it said...


It's an honor to be the best man for Julio today, because ever since I've known him he has been one of the best men and friends I could ask for. We grew up together and became more like brothers, Well I decided to do something a little different for everyone so here it is.

We started off as teens, thinking we knew it all
Had each others backs, and would both take the fall
Plenty of road trips along the way, but its just part of lifes journey
Drove our parents crazy, but not the type to make them worry
He met a girl named Kimberly, and I knew she was the one
6 1/2 years later, the real celebrations have begun
We grew up as a family, shared a lot of memories
I have always been a witness, now its time to let the world see
I wish you guys a great future, and in perfect health
Full of happiness, and showered with wealth
May it also contain tears of joy followed by tons of laughter
This is the end of one story, but the beginning of a new chapter!


Someone once told me "Dont ask a man whats important to him, but watch how he spends his time" I've watched Julio spend his time and I know what's important to him and that is Kimberly. With that being said I love the both of you and and lets toast to this special day.



After all that we had fun dancing and letting loose enjoying the night. After Julio and Kim enjoyed their evening I caught up with some other friends and had a few drinks and laughs with them. Sunday was very relaxing and headed back over to a friends house and watch a movie like every sunday when im home. All in all it was a great time at home and look forward to being around everyone again soon.






And if you're not a part of it, at least you got to WITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment