Road to Success

Road to Success
(Direct Link)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful




I had a talk the other day with an unnamed individual and it was really eye opening as to how some parents can be so hateful and harsh. People grow up in different homes and some of them can be a little less painful than others. I am thankful for the little things like just another day of life, thankful to have the ability to walk, thankful that I can do things for myself on my own. Growing up I was always labeled as the "spoiled" kid, or the "rich" kid and anyone who really knew me knows that everything I have ever gotten for in my life was thanks to my parents working hard for me. I was never rich or anything like that, my parents just worked to get me what they never had and for that I will forever be thankful and will repay them for all their troubles in the future. I came to realize that some people don't even have the ability to pay their bills, rent, and that isnt the kids fault. So I feel for all of the people that had to grow up like that and I know that they were taught to grow up a lot faster than others do because they have to learn how to provide for themselves at an early age. I didnt have everything but I had plenty but nothing was ever just given to me, my parents taught me the value of everything I own and how to keep things in good shape and how to stay out of trouble and getting rewarded for being respectful and honest. I wouldn't trade my youth for any other in the world and just the fact that I am so close to my family and friends and that I am in great health is all I need. So thank you to anybody that has been a part of my life and continues to be there.





And if you're not a part of it, at least you got to WITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment