Road to Success

Road to Success
(Direct Link)

Friday, March 5, 2010

Drakeover



Ok so I'm sure everyone knows Drake by now and if yall haven't then yall have probably been hiding under a rock some where. Pretty clever with the Drake Takeover = DRAKEOVER. Drake is a fresh talented artist that figured out a way to take hip hop to new lengths as a freshman. I have been following this dude since the wheel chair Degrassi Days, yes I said Degrassi, but even back then he was a creative guy. He is as Genius would say, disregards the social norms of music and not always comes out with "street music" or a club bangers but he likes to dig deeper and talk about what he goes through in his everyday life and the rise from a teen show star to taking over hip hop by storm in 08 and even more in 09. Not many freshman can get co-signed by Kanye, Lil Wayne, Jay Z and Eminem without even having an album out. So Far Gone was far from what people were used to in hip hop but today countless people can sing a long to the majority of that mixtape. Haven't really been disappointed yet by any of the tracks that I have heard from him so why start now? Thank Me Later is an appropriate title for his album, People first hear his music and think this guy is wack, he isn't street, his music is for PG-13 audience, but for most of the haters, take a look at what is on their ipods and money says Drake is on there. People often go back on what they say at first and are jamming his music on the low. Hence the "Thank Me Later", Thank him after you have heard it a few times and you will grow to like it.


Okay so now back to the new single titled "Over", this is a track much like his track "Fear", similar style beats and he uses the similar style of flow to this song. He starts off by expressing that with his rise to fame and how he has met a lot of new people, not always the people you would want to have around and that is why he asks "who are yall?". He then goes on to say "what am I doin, oh yeah thats right I'm doing me". He is always doing his own thing, not really worried about what people think of him but he can change your opinion through expressing himself in his music. Overall I think he killed this song. Something you can vibe too and something I will definitely add to the collection asap.


Sorry for the run ons and randomness this is my first actual blog post but I will get better with time. Like I said, I just do my own thing.


Again, Thank Him Later






And if you're not a part of it, at least you got to WITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment