Road to Success

Road to Success
(Direct Link)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wedding Toast




Where does the time go? Seems like yesterday we met and were tearing up the wood in middle school together. I turn around and next thing I know I'm in the position of making a wedding toast next weekend on April 10th. I couldn't be more happy for my best friend, taking the next step in his life and taking things to the next level. I knew the time was coming but its crazy how fast it got here. I can remember the day he told me he was ready to drop that question, a blink of an eye later the day is around the corner. Sometimes I question his thinking, for example, we were at the house chillin as usual, and.....

J: Yo Mike you wanna go with me to the mall and help me pick out a ring?

Me: Yeah just let me throw on some shoes

J: (on the way) Man I can't believe Im about to do this

Me: Yeah its crazy but we knew this was coming

J: Let me call moms and see what the price range is

Me: LOL alright you know moms always knows best

J: (at the store) What kind do you think I should get?

Me: Man I really like this one, I'm into the new design and the newer look.

J: Nah thats too different, I like the more traditional look.

Me: How are you gonna ask me to come help you and you already have your mind set on a type lol?

J: Just keep looking

Me: Alright, what about this one?

J: Nah, I like these two over here

Me: Man like I said, how am I supposed to help?




Well I'm sure if you have been around us we are pretty much like brothers so we like a lot of the same stuff but man can we argue about random stuff at the same time. I guess thats what makes it work out so well is that our styles and personalities compliment each other well. People know being roommates with friends can usually turn out sour if you aren't dedicated to it but we didnt ever really have any problems in that situation. Back to the topic though, this isn't a normal task, this is something that is going to be remembered on that big day, you have the spotlight on you for that moment, how do I react to it? How do you fit like 10 plus years of friendship and memories in a 2-3 minute wedding toast? How can you possibly highlight everything I've witnessed with this guy and his fiance over that time that they have been together? So many thoughts are flowing but I have to make it fit just right. Have to make it memorable and not just another speech that everyone doesn't listen to or remember. Well just some questions that I will have to answer over the next week and hopefully it turns out great. I won't settle for less than that so I now have my work cut out.





So please fill free to drop by suggestions or thoughts because two minds are better than one.





And if you're not a part of it at least you got to WITNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment